Welcome to my resources page.
This is the place to find some of the materials I’ve created to help you grow your business and take it to the next level. Some of the information is free, while others have a cost attached to them (some are also affiliate links) – and all will help you build stronger, more fulfilling (and profitable) relationships with your prospects and customers.
Get Free Updates from Tess
- Receive my free weekly e-newsletter full of tips and special information.
- Get blog posts by email – Every time I publish a new article, receive an email notifying you.
Email List Building Resources
- MailChimp: One of the most important online marketing strategies to deploy is to build your own email subscriber list (sooner rather than later). I prefer MailChimp to manage my lists because it is easy to use, and often, contractors can start out with the free version. But even the paid subscription is only $10 a month (for up to 500 subscribers). I also like Aweber and ConstantContact. You can’t go wrong with any of these.
- OptinSkin: This premium WordPress plugin is great for converting more blog visitors into subscribers. The plugin is easy to install and works by adding a nice-looking opt-in form at the bottom of each of your blog posts. It connects with Aweber, MailChimp, Constant Contact and other popular email marketing services.
- Contractor Photos - For contractors, photos are key in selling the next job. Homeowners judge your skills and professionalism based on the photos you use in your portfolio. Here are six photo mistake contractors often make (and how to fix them).
- QR Codes - Are you wondering how you, too, can easily generate a QR Code? Read this post.
- Social Media Tools - 5 tools I recommend to contractors who want to stay active in social media, yet want to limit the time involved.